<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : Over-Achievers: Friend or Foe?

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Over-Achievers: Friend or Foe?

Starting a new job, especially a first job, can be very stressful! Not only am I starting a new job, but I'm following behind the footsteps of a Speech-Language Pathologist that I've heard described as "amazing", "sooo good", "the best", etc., etc. Obviously no one is saying this to make me feel uncomfortable, but how am I suppose to follow after those rave reviews!!

I've never been a huge fan of over-achievers to begin with, but I especially don't like them now! There's not a lot of room for creativity for most speech paths working with school-age children either - who knows how she got to the point where she was deemed "amazing". But the great thing about this job is that we have a TON of freedom to do or start whatever we want. Now, I'm using my new-found freedom to start things that I haven't done before, such as a fluency group for school-age boys that stutter (EEK!). The combination trying to prove myself and having the freedom to be flexible is apparently all the motivating I need to try something completely new, requiring days, evenings, and money to be sacrificed on my behalf to start up!

I feel pretty good about the idea, even if I hate the stress that comes along with it. Am I the over-achiever that I always hated? Maybe someone will be swearing when they take over from me too.... I guess I'd rather that than the alternative!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At November 17, 2010 at 4:38 AM , Anonymous jennyc said...

Yaaay for being a working professional.. I'm proud of you LindeyeRye! (remember that? haha).
I wouldn't have any idea what to do with stuttering school children.
Have a good day!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home