<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : Songity Song Song

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Songity Song Song

la-la-la-la-la-la-LAA!!

Why are there so many songs in this world?? I heard a new song the other day that I loved! it talks about a girl dreaming and it has a great beat and it immediately inspired me to start a slideshow about my trip to Kenya. So I started the slideshow and the song is perfect! Then I kept going and chose an african song to continue the picture show. I know it's kind of cliche to use an african song, but it fits, and I want to, so too bad.

The problem is, that I'm approaching the final third of the slideshow and I can't move forward because I can't find the right song!

Problems:
a) the songs are all about love... that just doesn't work
b) the songs are too slow and don't fit the mood of the the slideshow
c) the songs suck
d) the artist's voice sucks

k, that's all i've got. But all I want is a nice travel-themed, good-tempo, well-sung, preferably male voice... is that really too much to ask?!

4 Comments:

At January 12, 2011 at 5:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was going to say that one song you always used to do the head-bob to... but i think its called 'what is love" and therefore is about love, haha. But it always reminds me of our PF days.
i have an idea for you though... look for "The Road" by Matt Costa.
Or something from the Into the Wild soundtrack (Eddie Vedder)- Rise, or Hard Sun (but i don't know about the words for that one)
have fun! :) much love.
- jen

 
At January 12, 2011 at 6:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some suggestions to get you started:

Jai Ho - A.R. Rahman

Paper Planes - M.I.A.

Solsbury Hill - Peter Gabriel

Such Great Heights - The Postal Service

Us - Regina Spektor

Sweet Disposition - The Temper Trap

All My Days - Alexi Murdoch

Surrender - Ben Lee

Stars Tonight - Lady Antebellum

Perfect Day - Lady Antebellum

 
At January 13, 2011 at 4:52 PM , Anonymous Nathan said...

Wow, this anonymous person was super useful.

 
At January 13, 2011 at 10:38 PM , Anonymous Lindi said...

I'm definately going to have some songs to listen to tomorrow! The only songs I don't know i those suggestions are the ones by AR Rahman, the Temper Trap, and Ben Lee. Interesting!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home