<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas

Monday, December 20, 2010

I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas

I don't really want a hippo, the song is just stuck in my head. Besides... I can't afford one even if I did want one, lol.

I've been getting some Christmas cards for Christmas from friends and family. It's been such a blessing. I love reading stories and messages from home. Makes me feel very loved and remembered even though I can't make it home for Christmas. I've been trying to do some things to get into the Christmas spirit although I can't make it home.

These include:
1) downloading the wonderful Vince Vance Christmas album. Family traditions will never die while I'm around! I just have to figure out how to get that old, non-stop rock n' roll Christmas album from my parents. I'm positive the boys aren't listening to it!

2) Baking. I made Christmas cookies obviously (see above), but I only had one hand so I couldn't do fancy cookie cutter shapes, but they tasted great! I also made a Lindi-sized batch of nuts and bolts for the pure deliciousness of it. Thanks mama for the recipe!

3) I didn't buy a Christmas tree, but I put lights on the balcony. Very festive.

4) I've been displaying all my Christmas cards and letters.

5) I bought Christmas presents!! I love buying gifts that I know people will like. Brings me joy. Wrapping and bagging them helps me get into the Christmas spirit most.

6) I'm watching made-for-tv Christmas movies, lol. They're all so lame, but it's one of my guilty pleasures. Don't judge me...

I love this time of year and despite the fact that I'm still working for a couple of days, I'm finding time to enjoy the holidays.

P.S. - only a hippopotamus will do. No croc-o-diles, no rhi-no-cer-os-es, I only want HIPPOPOTAMUSES!!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At December 29, 2010 at 10:17 AM , Anonymous jennyc said...

nice work on the cookies- they are awesome!! :D

Merry Christmas even though its late. :)

i'm at my parents... should try to call you soon! i just got a filling done at the dentist so now isn't really a good time ;)

much love!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home