<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : DIY Baby Closet Dividers

Monday, March 3, 2014

DIY Baby Closet Dividers


As always, when I'm doing something new, I scour Pinterest for ideas.
I was looking for nursery DIY projects and came across some cool closet dividers for baby clothing.
The problem with all the ones I found, was that they had to be purchased (no thank you!), or they weren't adjustable (i.e. had a permanent 0-3 months stamped across). This doesn't make sense to me because they are only going to be in 0-3 month clothes for 3 months, IF they don't grow fast!

I decided to make my own dividers with chalkboard imprints so that I can change the sizes down the road to 2T, 3T, etc.

So here's my tutorial:

I started at Michael's where you can get the following: 
scrapbook paper of your choice
doorknob hangers
chalkboard paint
spraypaint (if desired)
mod podge

I choose yellow and gray colours to match my nursery:

I started by spraypainting the doorhangers white. 
(well actually, the husband did that so that his pregnant wife could safely avoid the fumes).

I measured out squares and painted inside the squares with chalkbaord paint. 
I stayed 3/4 of an inch away from the edge for the squares.

Then I traced a cut the scrapbook paper to fit the front and back of the hangers. 
An x-acto knife works best for cutting the chalkboard square out.

Then I mod podged the paper to the hangers doing one side, letting it dry, and then the other side.

When the mod podge was dry, I stamped different animals using various Close to My Heart scrapbooking stamps.

Next, I used workable fixatif (from Michael's again) to stiffen the cardstock that I stamped onto, and to make sure that the ink wouldn't run later on. 
It sprays on like spray paint and dries very quickly.

 Then, to give the animal pictures a 3D effect, I used 3D pop-up tape to adhere them - you can find this at most dollar stores for cheap! 
I also used crazy glue to ensure that the pieces would be stuck on for the long haul. 

And here is the finished product :) 
They perfectly match our neutral gray and yellow nursery! 


And they fit perfectly in the closet to separate the few clothing items we have so far :) 

Hope you enjoyed the tutorial! 
 Please comment if you have any questions or suggestions! 

{xoxo}

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At March 3, 2014 at 1:31 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

They look fabulous!! Does the chalk rub off on the clothes if they bump it??

 
At March 3, 2014 at 2:03 PM , Blogger Lindi said...

Thanks! The chalk did fade after a month or so. I just wrote it on again :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home