<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : Run a 5K Race: Check!

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Run a 5K Race: Check!

I did it!!! Sept. 22, 2012 marks the first time that I completed a real road race. The 5K began at muskoseepi park in Grande Prairie. I originally wanted to run in the Press Run once (which is a run in the spring in GP), but I was never quite dedicated enough to train for it. Over the spring and summer this year, I've gradually been increasing my running distance and speed. I still consider myself quite a running amateur because I'm quite slow, but I'm getting better all the time :) 

My goal was simple: finish. My secondary goal was to run the race in 35 minutes. Results.... 35:07!!!! I was so pleased! My personal record before this was 37:26. Cutting two whole minutes off your time doesn't sound like much, but it really was quite hard! I think I was pushed a bit by some of the faster runners beside me during the race. I'm definitely feeling the pain in my legs hours later at home too - am obvious sign that I worked harder than normal. 

It was a great day though - perfect temperature in GP! I'm thrilled that I completed the race in one place.  Hopefully now I'll have the motivation to try again! 

Here are some pictures that my amazing supportive fiancé took of me before, during, and after the race. It felt so great to have someone meet me at the end and tell me they were proud of me :) 

Love you Mr. A! 

 I'm in the brown shirt in the middle - getting ready! 

 The pack of 170ish people that ran

 Starting the race! 

 YAY! I did it!!! 

Hot, sweaty, thirsty mess after the race ;)

Thanks for everyone's support as I was preparing! Special shout out to my bestie in Ontario, who supported me from far away and always continued to encourage me. 

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At September 23, 2012 at 10:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job babe! So proud of you!!! It was a fun day and the smile on your face as you went across that finish line made my day :)

Russel

 
At September 24, 2012 at 5:53 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Awesome Lindi! I'm impressed! (I want to do what you did.. I haven't run in a real race since high school!)

Also, I like that you're wearing your Grouse grind t-shirt. You are clearly someone who accomplishes great feats ;)

 
At September 28, 2012 at 7:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hip-hip-hooray!! you are so awesome, I am so so proud!! And yes cutting two minutes off your time is actually incredible, it means that you ran at a pace that was much faster than you have run before. So I'm gonna bring my runners and we must make time to run together when I come!
Alyssa

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home