<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : Goodnight Kisses

Friday, May 3, 2013

Goodnight Kisses


Look at this picture ^^ Isn't that nice??? Is it really too much to ask for?!?

My husband is wonderful in sooo many ways. We work well together, we compromise well (or at least he does, lol), we both try to be patient, and we both respect one another. But even with these things in place, marriage is a huge adjustment and it can be hard!

I picked the adorable picture of a couple cuddling because that seems to be an ongoing battle in our marriage. I LOVE cuddling! I could cuddle with him all night. I can fall asleep like that, and wake up like that. And not only for the comfort, because my husband does make a wonderfully comfy big spoon, but for the warmth. Russ actually asks me if I put my feet in a tray of ice before I went to bed some nights. I just run at a colder temperature. I need his warmth to be able to get comfortable in the first place.

The result of this challenge is that he will cuddle me when we first go to bed, while we chat or do a devotion, but then just as I start to get sleepy he'll give me a little kiss and turn his body around to hug his pillow for the rest of the night. At first it made me sad. Then a little angry. I fought it (cause I know he likes cuddling too!), thinking that obviously he'll change his mind and come back to me. But then I gave in. It's just not as comfortable for him to sleep that way. Now the routine is: I get cuddles until he can't take it anymore, and then I get my "goodnight kiss".

We laugh about it at night now ("Hey! Where's my goodnight kiss!"). It's a silly thing, but it was something that we seriously had to talk about and learn to compromise on. This is the process that we live by now.... What do I want? What does he want? How can both our needs get met? What am I willing to sacrifice? Do I really love him that much? lol. The answer is yes... I do love him that much.

I love him. So I compromise. On most things... but I still want a nice long cuddle every once in a while!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At May 4, 2013 at 11:30 PM , Anonymous Katie vdschaaf said...

It's a Vanderschaaf thing ;) xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home