<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : Basic Bum Care

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Basic Bum Care


We are still on the cloth diaper journey. 
I already talked about why we chose to use cloth diapers (here), and how it's going so far (here), but there are a lot of other things to learn and adjust to. 
Before I decided to use cloth diapers, I did a lot of searching and asking around for advice and ideas. I really didn't know what I was getting into at all in the beginning!


I thought I would briefly write about what we chose to do for basic bum care, since that was a big question I had before I got started with cloth. 
We treat baby wipes the same way we do diapers. We wanted them to be reusable and sustainable. 
There are many tutorials (e.g. this one) on how to make your own wipes using old cloths or sheets. 
We chose instead to buy some reusable cotton wipes
We just through them in the wet bag, and then the wash with our cloth diapers. No fuss at all.


In terms of baby wipe formulas, we use a very simple one:
1/4 cup baby shampoo/wash
1/4 cup baby oil
water

I simple mix the first two ingredients into a mason jar, and fill the rest with water. Then I mix the batch thoroughly by hand, and pour it into a spray bottle. Then, when the time comes to change our daughter, I shake the bottle, and spray the solution on my reusable wipes. Easy peasy!


In terms of bum creams, we use only three things: water, coconut oil, or peachy baby bum cream

I use coconut oil everyday on her bum. 
If she's at all red, we use the peachy baby bum cream. We chose this one because it's the same company that makes our cloth diapers, so the cream is zinc-free, and cloth diaper compatible. 
Lastly, I keep a spray bottle of water in my diaper bag and use that to clean her bum on the go, if there isn't a sink nearby :)


That's pretty well it. I was very overwhelmed thinking about bum care before I started looking into it, and now that I know how easy it is, I try to spread the good news! 
I'm definitely a cloth diaper advocate!

Let me know if you do anything differently - or have any other ideas!
I love suggestions :)

{xoxo}

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At March 4, 2014 at 11:06 AM , Anonymous Katie Vschaaf said...

family moto is coconut oil on everything! butts, body, mummy tummy. I always kept disposable liners in my d-bag but eventually was too laze to CD out and about. good job mama :)

 
At March 4, 2014 at 5:31 PM , Blogger Lindi said...

That's a good motto!! I have some disposable liners too, but I haven't gotten to big poops yet. So far CD's outside of the house has been just as easy as disposables!

 
At March 5, 2014 at 5:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not sure if I said it before but I recommend a diaper sprayer for once solid food poops start, especially toddler poops. Toddler poop and pee is something else, but no matter what kind of diapers you use, it isn't fun. Toddler diaper rashes are another thing, too. Ugh. Zoey had a clear bum until a few months into solids - it' s been rash off and on since trying out different things and using disposables more due to using non cloth diaper safe creams. Not so much fun. BUT... when using cloth, the diaper sprayer works great. I never thought I'd get one, but I am very happy with it!

 
At March 6, 2014 at 1:10 AM , Blogger Lindi said...

We don't have one yet, but we plan on making one once we get to solid food poops!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home