<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : Comfort with Breastfeeding

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Comfort with Breastfeeding


Before I became a mother, I had NO idea how time-consuming breastfeeding is. 
No idea!
The reason you see new mom's breastfeeding their children all over the place, is because they have to. 
Fact: Babies eat all day and night. Hour after hour. No matter what. 

And let me tell you… breastfeeding was a learning curve! No way to prepare for it.
I read a bunch of books and pamphlets. I even met with the lactation consultant ahead of time at my local public health centre so that I could be maximally prepared.
But I still wasn't prepared. 90% of the learning came after my daughter was born.
Ironically, I was blessed by the time with my daughter in the NICU because it gave us some much needed support from the excellent nurses on that floor. They taught me everything I now know about breastfeeding, and they made the whole process stress-free.

At one point, I wondered if I would even be able to breastfeed. I understand that some people just can't, but I'm so glad that I didn't stop trying when one nurse suggested formula at the hospital. I'm glad that the other nurses stuck with me, that I persevered, and that my daughter is a healthy, growing baby.
It wasn't a quick, easy thing for me (although I hear some people get lucky that way!), but it slowly started to get smoother. Then, there came a point (like every mama and baby) when we develop a rhythm. Now she knows what to do. I know how to make her happy. We shift in and out of the process with minimal cries and squeals.
Comfort with breastfeeding means I can feed her almost anywhere. It means that I can feed in front of almost anyone. And it means I almost always have a hand free! 
It's definitely true that you can be somewhat tied down with breastfeeding. And I can only imagine how that feeling multiplies when you have one or more other kids bidding for your attention!
But it's worth it.
The bond. The connection. The health benefits. The love.
Definitely worth it.


{xoxo}

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At May 6, 2014 at 11:54 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love this post! I think the whole thing is pretty amazing really... How our bodies can make all that mill!

 
At May 6, 2014 at 1:43 PM , Blogger Lindi said...

I know! It's amazing when you actually sit down and try to wrap your head around it! God is good :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home