<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : Bull Riding Mayhem

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Bull Riding Mayhem

Most people that know me are aware that I have a sense of adventure. This in turn leads to my love of roadtrips! The problem with having a real job is that you can't just take off a bunch of time and go on trips. I have to save my precious days for important things like weddings and birthdays. So I got to thinking, "where can I go near Grande Prairie that won't break the bank?" Then I found out about a Bull Riding event in Dawson Creek (yeah... its a real place)!! Fun is implied.

Next step was rounding up my friend J-Dawg, getting our plaid shirts on and heading out of the province. I was a super fun time. We ended up with totally awesome seats, and bull-riding experts near-by to provide explanations. If we didn't wanna ask we just looked it up on my iPhone, haha. There is a lot to learn about this Albertan rodeo culture! Many more lessons to come! Here's a few pics from the day - sorry there aren't any good bull ones; I was too focused on the people getting flipped around to take pictures!

Here I am leaving the province!

An uncontrolled bill and a full audience enjoying the fun!

A bull charging at the helper-guys (sorry I don't know the lingo, lol)

All the cowboys waiting for the fun to begin

J-Dawg and me in front of the giant beaver in Beaverlodge (yay, it's a real place). True story. Adventure complete.

Here's a video of one of the bull riders. I don't know if it'll work, but we'll give it a try! (He had to stay on for 8 seconds to get the points) This bull was pretty tame compared to the rest!


ps - unfortunately, I did not see Pacey there :(

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At May 19, 2011 at 9:34 AM , Anonymous Jen said...

this is awesome Lindi! Do they use red flags to get them all riled up like in Spain? :) way to embrace the northern life :)

 
At May 19, 2011 at 8:04 PM , Anonymous Alishia said...

Helper guys = Rodeo Clowns. One of the most dangerous jobs in rodeo!!! Their job is to distract the bull so they don't attack the cowboys when they fall off, basically.
Sounds like fun!!! Are you going to the Calgary Stampede?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home