<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : Worst Advice Ever

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Worst Advice Ever

So... I broke my wrist again :( Obviously. People are offering me advice regularly, which for the most part has been positive. However, in my grumpy medicated state... some advice is not taken well.

"Be careful!"
"You should be more careful"
"Be careful next time!"

Oy! How is that advice! All I think is "great, thanks, if only someone had told me to be careful earlier, i've been running around carelessly". How does one be more careful? avoid going outside? avoid fun? let fear of hurting my arm consume me? argg... I'm so frustrated with hearing that I should be careful. Its not constructive advice, or positive advice, or comforting. If anything it makes me feel pitied - "oh, you poor girl, you should be more careful" - as though i'm the only person ever to break a bone or as though they are superior because they never would've been careless enough to let this happen. I'm sure everyone means well...

Ok, sorry. I had to vent. I'm such a grumpasaurus.

p.s. - I accidentally got a glow-in-the-dark cast, lol
p.p.s. - sorry, if you gave me this advice! I still appreciate you.... :)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At March 22, 2011 at 9:37 PM , Anonymous wanderinglifeguard said...

OR....

GLOW IN THE DARK HUGS!!!!! (for the wrist) Quite fantabulous :)

 
At March 23, 2011 at 5:16 PM , Anonymous Alishia said...

Glow in the dark rocks!!! You should try this hilarious exercise machine my mum is currently obsessing over. It's a vibration machine - you stand on it and it wiggles lol. She claims it's great for bone density as it was developed for astronauts! Too bad it's expensive!

 
At March 24, 2011 at 5:21 PM , Anonymous Lindi said...

LOL! Thanks... maybe I'll buy that when I come into some money!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home