<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : Healthy ME!

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Healthy ME!

Christmas is on the horizon! With Christmas comes a multitude of great friends, family, parties, crafts, etc. It also comes with massive dinners, turkey, potatoes, Christmas cookies, stocking treats, nuts & bolts, etc. 

In an attempt to maintain my weight over the Christmas season, I've vowed to start being healthier now. That means that over the holidays, if I want to eat nuts & bolts at the end of the day, I have to eat healthy food the whole rest of the day. This is no easy feat for a cheese and carbohydrate lover. 

Anyway, here's a delicious recipe that I found on Pinterest to motivate some healthy meals! 

Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1/3 red pepper
- 1/4 of a cucumber sliced 
- tbsp of lime juice
- dash of minced garlic (I buy it in a ready-to-use jar)
- tbsp olive oil


Steps: 

1. Boil water and add quinoa. Let quinoa simmer for approx. 10 minutes until soft

2. mix lime juice, garlic, and olive oil to form a dressing. 

3. Chop cucumber, red pepper, and avocado. 

4. When quinoa is ready, drain it and add it to your plate. Add veggies (really you can put whatever you want, and whatever quantities you want, but I strongly recommend the avocado!). Drizzle on some dressing and voila! 

It was really delicious the first time I made it. I added on of my carrot muffins to the side of the meal - obviously avoiding starch is not my strong point! lol. This is a start though! 

If I find some more healthy recipes I really like I'll try to post them here too :) 



Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At November 29, 2012 at 4:48 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Mmm, that looks delicious!
Also, I dont know if you do this already, but plain avocado on toast is delicious with a bit of salt and pepper! Get some nice whole grain bread and it makes the carbs better :)

 
At November 29, 2012 at 9:08 AM , Blogger Lindi said...

yummm... no I haven't had that! Good idea!

 
At November 29, 2012 at 9:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was good - and its healthy - who would of thought?

Russ

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home