<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : A First for Everything - Boiled Beets!

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

A First for Everything - Boiled Beets!

source

I know that this post is a bit very late...  but I wanted to share this super simple beet recipe anyway!
Our last CSA delivery for the year came with beets. 
Beets is another vegetable avenue that I have NOT explored in the past. 
My only memory of beets is my mom trying to force me to eat them once as a child.... I'm still sure I didn't finish them <enter dog?>! Well... I also knew that they turn your pee a different colour... (TMI?)
But since I paid for them, and since I'm supposedly an adult now, I thought I could try them again. 

The recipe came from my mother-in-law and was actually VERY easy. 

Ingredients:
Beets (I used 6 medium sized ones)
1/4 cup vinegar
2 tbsps. of butter
1/2 small onion

Directions: 

1. Cut off stems and boil beets with skins on. 
2. Once boiled for 15 minutes (approx. or until soft). Remove beets and scrape off skin - should slide off easily). 
3. Slice beets into slivered pieces
4. Sauté beets with vinegar, onion, and butter for a few minutes until well mixed.


I was pleasantly surprised by the taste (honestly I was skeptical the whole time! lol).
I would definitely make them again! 
This might be the last of our vegetable adventures for awhile, since out CSA share is done for the year. Time to start buying my own veggies from the store again *sigh*
(Except of course for the plethora of potatoes, onions, and carrots from my garden!)
Enjoy!
{xoxo}

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home