<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : Daddy the Carpenter

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Daddy the Carpenter

I am definitely not the only creative one in my home! 
I am impressed all the time by the projects my husband works on in his garage. 
Woodworking is a bit of a hobby for him now.
[as all the money spent on tools will prove! Much needed tools of course ;)]

His current project would be daunting for almost anyone - he's building a crib for our baby! 
I'm so impressed with all the little details as he finishes them. 
I know it's going to be very exciting and very special when the crib is finished. 

Here's all the wood he had prior to starting out:

This is the headboard taking shape :) 
There is a more completed picture, but I'll save that for another day!

Doesn't look like much all set out across the saw horses, but I assure you there are a lot of cut, sanded and prepped boards here waiting to be attached into a crib!

Since he's been working so hard, the baby and I decided to get him something nice for Christmas :) 
But it's too big to fit into the house, so now it's become a workbench in the garage, lol. 
As long as he's not peeking, I can't complain.
At least as a table, its not in the way! 


{xoxo}

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At December 18, 2013 at 9:42 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

The crib looks great. Sure to become a family heirloom.. very special! Also, I'm really curious about what's in that box.

 
At December 18, 2013 at 9:22 PM , Blogger Lindi said...

haha, Alyssa texted to ask me what was in it, but I told her I couldn't tell!

 
At December 18, 2013 at 10:49 PM , Anonymous Katie Vschaaf said...

Looking beautiful. Another perk to marrying into this family - they all got their awesome woodworking skills passed down from Pake!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home