<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : Knitted Nursery Owl

Monday, January 20, 2014

Knitted Nursery Owl

I love decorative owls.
I know owls are a bit of a trend right now... but I'd like to think started the trend, rather than jumped on the bandwagon....
When I began planning out a nursery, I knew I wanted to incorporate owls into the design somehow.
Even in this "early nursery ideas" post I highlighted the idea.
So when I saw this pattern for a snowy owl, I knew I had to make it! 

Finding the extremely soft alpaca wool turned out to be difficult in Grande Prairie, but luckily for me a trip to Edmonton was quickly approaching, and a stop at River City Yarns was only a small detour from where we were staying :)


I was VERY intimidated by the pattern when I first read it, but with help from some very skilled knitting friends, I was able to problem-solve my way though it. 
I sized mine down from the one in the pattern above, cause I didn't want to buy as much yarn, lol. The smaller version is just as cute as the big one I'd say! 
Here's the finished owl for the nursery:


What started out as a stuffed animal for the baby, may end up as a decoration... for mom, lol. 
After all that hard work, I don't want it to get ruined!
Next step is to use my newly acquired and specialized knitting skills to recreate a white owl - so they can sit on the shelf together :)

{xoxo}

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At January 20, 2014 at 4:22 PM , Anonymous jen said...

Love it! Also, that lion receiving blanket is SO cute! If J keeps needing to be swaddled at the rate we're going, I may need you to sew me a 3 m by 3 m one to wrap him up when he's 5 years old! Lol

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home