<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : When [I feel like] My Baby Hates Me

Friday, March 21, 2014

When [I feel like] My Baby Hates Me



^^ That is one unhappy baby ^^
She looks sooo sad in this picture. 
What kind of mom goes to get a camera while her baby is wailing?! This one! lol. 
But I want to catch the good moments on camera as well as the sad ones. 
Even if the sad ones do make me feel like my baby hates me.

There are moments every day when I feel like my baby may hate me. Even if only for a split second.
When she screams because I'm not getting her food fast enough, or screams because she's overtired.
Times when I'm not sure what she wants or needs. Times when I know what she wants and can't give it to her. I remember one night in the first two weeks with Ellie where she cried and cried and I fed her and changed her and burped her and held her and started all over again… but nothing seemed to work.
After being up all night, I prayed and cried and wondered, "Am I cut out for this?"


That's when I remembered: I did not invent this whole parenting thing.
I don't have to be an expert - that's God's forte.
God, the Father of Jesus. The Father of all.

"See how very much out Father loves us, for he calls us his children, and that is what we are!"
- 1 John 3:1

He has been parenting us since before we were born. I don't have to be totally confident in this whole motherhood thing because the expert, praise God, is always here to help. 


 And then there are moments like this… moments when she snuggles right in. Moments when the only person in the world that can soothe her is Mommy. Moments that melt my heart.
And I know that I was made for this.
I know that God made me a mom and blessed me with a daughter.
My warm skin, my comforting scent, and my familiar voice are all that she needs.
Even as we adjust to one another - she has what she needs. 
There are obviously still going to be times when I feel like a fish out of water.  When I question the methods I'm using, or question the decisions I'm making, or question whether or not she loves me.
But I can take comfort in God's comfort.
Try my best & keep God in the loop - that's my motto :)
That allows me to enjoy every precious moment.


Looking at this picture, I know my baby girl loves me :) 

{xoxo}

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At March 21, 2014 at 9:35 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love this! I need to remember this too in the difficult moments. Like today when I am totally dragging my feet... this post came at a good time.
Beautiful pics of you and your precious girlie!

 
At March 21, 2014 at 12:26 PM , Anonymous Katie vschaaf said...

I personally think crying babies are funny :) I felt this way often in the early months too. So many new things, so many growth spurts where they just constantly need you and cry. It all passes. Last weekend we went to a parent breakfast in our church and I found that most moms had babies that weren't sleeping so I prayed for them that when they are awake in those early hours that they find comfort and joy in being able to talk to the Lord when all the rest of the world seems to be asleep :) He's always an ear. Love this post. . So important to remember the good and the bad xoxo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home