<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : DIY Baby Feather Headband

Monday, May 19, 2014

DIY Baby Feather Headband


Are you underwhelmed by the giant flower headbands that everyone puts on their baby girls?
Or just looking for something different?
Personally, I like the flower headbands, but I was also looking for something unique. 
I'm really loving feathers these days - on cards, on scrapbook pages… why not on headbands?
Here's a quick and easy tutorial on how to make a feather headband for your little one :) 



Materials

Colourful elastic band
(I wouldn't use generic elastic, look for a pretty headband one!)
Two colours of felt
Embroidery string to match your elastic colour
Scissors
Needles


The rest is very simple! 
[Note: the sizes are perfect for my 4 month old girl]

1. Cut the background felt piece into a 10cm x 3cm rectangle, and the front piece into a 5.5cm x 3cm (just under) piece. 

2. Cut your elastic to 34cm.

3. To cut the feathers, first fold them in half lengthwise. Then cut a curve onto the bottom, and a point at the top. Unfold the rectangle to reveal the feather shape. Then randomly cut out some notches to give the feather texture. 

4. Next I handstiched the ends of the elastic together with my embroidery thread. 

5. Finally, I lined up the feathers where I wanted them on the elastic. I chose to put the feathers to the side so that the tip of them came about 1-2cm past the midpoint of the elastic band. Once the feathers are in place, hand stitch them on.


I was very happy with the end result! So much so that I went ahead a made a few more! 
Some for my baby girl, and some for baby shower gifts :) 


Here are a couple pictures of my beautiful baby girl rocking her feather headband :) 


Hope you found some inspiration! 

{xoxo}

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At May 20, 2014 at 5:13 PM , Blogger Katie said...

Love them!!! I want one!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home