<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : Running Update

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Running Update


A few people have asked how my running was going. 
New baby… stroller… is it all working?

Well, I'll be honest: It's not going as smoothly as I hoped!
You know those naive first time moms that think they'll have time for everything after their baby is born? Ya, that was me... 
Making time to run (for someone who doesn't love running) was hard when I was at home with just my husband, but it is waaaay harder with a baby. 
You have to plan around feedings and changes and naps. 
You have to time things perfectly to avoid meltdowns.
You have to work around the weather... I used to run in the rain!

Despite the challenges, I am trying. I'm still not up to snuff, but I'm slowly improving. It takes time to get your body back into the swing of things after a long hiatus. 
Then there's the added weight of a baby and stroller that have to get pushed down the road and up the hills.
Even though I don't feel like I'm improving with the stroller, I went out without the babykins one day and I was able to run a solid 10 minutes again. So much easier!! lol.

Running with the stroller is important to me, not only because I want to be fit, but also because I want Ellie to be used to going outside, getting fresh air, and being active. Not sure how that's gonna work when there's a second baby V... but for now, running with my stroller is a good option! 

My goal is still to run a 5K in the fall.
If you talk to me, ask me how my running's going! Accountability motivates me :) 
Wish me luck!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At May 19, 2014 at 12:28 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

you can do it! Is Ellie still in the carseat in the stroller? If she is you could probably get rid of it by now and it would be a bit lighter! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home