<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : Change Conundrum

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Change Conundrum

*Pre-warning: Sorry for the vagueness of this post. I have several thoughts in my mind and I'm not really intending to share the details of any of those scenarios right now... *

I usually consider myself as someone that adapts to change well. "Oh, ok, we'll let's do this then...". I consider myself to be someone that accepts thing and moves on. However, I'm beginning to realize that this isn't always the case.

As I'm sure most other people do, I have expectations of people, events, situations, etc. Maybe someone accidentally led me to believe something that was false, maybe someone hid the truth without trying, maybe an event was misrepresented... In any case, for whatever reason, I build up erroneous expectations that inevitably make me upset when the truth comes along to bit me in the bum.

I think that I expect everyone else to do things exactly the way that I do. Very egocentric of me - I know! And THEN whether the expectations were made-up or I was led to them, I get very emotionally affected by the outcome (i.e. I easily cry/get upset when something or someone changes my expectations).

Usually I can rationalize why my expectations were false in the first place, or why I should be more forgiving, sensitive, patient, etc. but that doesn't stop me from getting upset. I can't help it.

Anyway - sorry for the rant. Just needed an outlet for my irrational emotions. If you ever have news that you think I'm not going to like... tread lightly...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At January 20, 2012 at 11:37 AM , Blogger Lisa T said...

can totally relate.
ps - irrational can be totally rational! ...can't it? :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home