<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : Homemade Gift for Mama

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Homemade Gift for Mama

When you live far from home, it can be harder and harder to celebrate with the people you love. It's my beautiful mama's birthday this week, and I wanted to do something special for her.

Unfortunately, shipping from Alberta to Ontario costs a pretty penny! So instead of buying and shipping something, I decided to make something and ship it!

Packaged and sent out early! Although apparently Canada Post says it will be late :(
I decided on a picture frame because I had a nice shadow box lying around (form a garage sale last year!), and I always have a abundance of paper crafting items! I crafted up this little gem and sent it in the mail along with my second handmade dishcloth! Luckily for mom, the second one looks much nicer than the first one did. Sorry in advance for the holes though!

Her gift :) 
Brand-spanking new dishcloth! 
I had so much fun putting together something meaningful. Everything I used was already in the house too! So I didn't even need to spend any money (except on the darn shipping costs!).

Happy Birthday Mama!!!!! Love you :)
xoxo

Dad, Mom, & I at my wedding :) She's so beautiful! 

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At January 29, 2013 at 6:34 PM , Blogger Lindi said...

Editor's note: It arrived on time!!! Canada Post lied.

 
At January 29, 2013 at 11:34 PM , Blogger Lisa T said...

Ooh, that's beautiful! And good job on the dishcloth! It inspires me to try and finish a scarf I started a year ago, haha. I'm gonna have to learn all over again :)

 
At January 30, 2013 at 4:34 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

oh this is beautiful! Good job Lindi. I bet it brought some tears ;)

 
At January 30, 2013 at 10:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is a beautiful present. I loved all of it - the beautiful hand-made card and gift tag, the lovely dishcloth (I didn't notice any holes!) and, of course, the shadow box picture frame! And it arrived in my mailbox on my birthday!! Thank you, Sweetheart! I love it! Mom

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home