<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : The Truth About Fennel

Friday, February 1, 2013

The Truth About Fennel

In the cooking spirit these days! Here's some delicious food that Mr. A and I cooked up from my Christmas cookbook:

Crab dip with crackers as an appetizer

Main course was a fennel and orange salad with marinated porkchops

Doesn't it look nice?!?
I've never really heard people talking about cooking with fennel. 
It seems easy enough, and smells strongly of licorice!
Sounds great right?
Well.... I figured out why no one talks about using fennel. 
Because it's gross. 
We didn't try it until after we had prepared the full meal. 
Even the delicious mandarin oranges couldn't mask the overwhelming taste of the fennel. 
You would have to be a serious lover of black licorice to like this salad (in my opinion!). 
Looks are deceiving. 
Gross. 

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At February 2, 2013 at 5:51 PM , Blogger Through Tasha's Eyes said...

The crab dip looks soooo good! You may need to share this with me!

 
At February 3, 2013 at 10:28 AM , Blogger Lisa T said...

haha - when I read the title I thought - yah! I love fennel too! and then I read the rest of the post... LOL. But seriously - try it roasted if you still have some to use up - it's so much better roasted than raw!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home