<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : Celebrating 146 Years

Monday, July 1, 2013

Celebrating 146 Years

I am so blessed to live in beautiful, free, Canada. 
What a beautiful country full of diversity, politeness, hockey, and timbits. 
So lucky :) 
With all of the millions (well, maybe less) of events taking place in Grande Prairie this weekend to celebrate, we obviously couldn't attend all of them. 
But we did make it out for the fireworks! 
Up north here the sun stays up until 11:30 at night, and since no one wants to stay up that late on a school/work night (i.e. on July 1st), they always do the fireworks on the last day of June. 
That way the show happens at midnight, and its a celebration to kick off Canada Day! 
This year I grabbed a mom, a brother, a husband, and some dogs to share in the fun with me :)
The show was great - definitely worth suffering through the mosquito ridden field!


Joop slept through the entire fireworks show! Just lied on his side... not even facing the fireworks! 
He wasn't phased at all. 
Our big rottweiler, Daisy, on the other hand, was cowering like a child during the whole show.
You just can't guess how they'll act based on their appearance!


Here are some pics I took of the fireworks show :) 
I experimented with leaving my shutter speed open for different lengths of time to catch the entire firework display and the light changed.
I didn't take any great pics, and I've realized that I definitely need a tripod, but even still, playing with my camera was my favourite part of the evening :)


 Happy Birthday Canada!!! 

{xoxo}

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At July 2, 2013 at 5:46 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Looks like fun. I can't believe it's still that light at 11 30/ midnight.. shows how far north you really are!

 
At July 3, 2013 at 7:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't saw Daisy was scared, just happily excited about the fireworks....

Russel

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home