<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : Spinach Smoothies

Friday, June 14, 2013

Spinach Smoothies

Heard of this fad? I've been hearing about these "spinach" smoothies for at least a year now. Maybe it's not a fad anymore? Basically people are making smoothies the way they normally do and adding spinach to them. Then the smoothies have a tendency to turn green or brown in colour - not as appealing if you ask me! But I didn't want to judge it without trying, so I decided to make one. First, I made sure that I had enough of the "good" ingredients to make a second, tasty smoothie if this one didn't turn out well. Then I mixed the usual strawberries, bananas, milk, ice cream and ... spinach.


Verdict: It was delicious! You couldn't even taste the spinach! And when it was all blended, you couldn't see it either (unless you looked very close).

I'm excited to try this with my healthier greek yogurt smoothies now too! Not only is the spinach tasteless, but it provides added fibre and all those leafy green nutrients we need. I don't foresee any other way in which I'll be having vegetables at breakfast! Great way to sneak veggies into meals for someone who's not so excited about vegetables.


Next plan: make a smoothie for someone while secretly adding spinach and see if they notice when they're drinking it, or if they can guess the secret ingredient after a few sips!

{yumm}

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At June 15, 2013 at 12:21 PM , Blogger Through Tasha's Eyes said...

Well, won't be a secret to me anymore...so if you try, I will know! lol

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home