<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : Going Away Present

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Going Away Present

Well he's gone... basically.
My little brother is all packed up and headed to Japan for 3 years to teach English!
I'm pretty jealous of his adventure - it's going to be amazing to be so familiar with another language and culture the way he will be.
Luckily there is always skype, which is basically how I talk to him right now (being 3 provinces away), although I don't know if the 15 hour time difference will make it too difficult for me to talk to him regularly.
It's a great opportunity and I wish him all the very best! 


What do you buy as a going away present for someone heading overseas?
Can't buy anything heavy, or large because of the suitcase. 
The gift needs to be semi-useful, and also (from my perspective) semi-meaningful too. 
Well, my brother had the idea of asking for a scrapbook of Canada to share with his students in Japan. 
I had less than a week before I saw him, so this was a bit of a daunting task, but I went for it! 
Here's his have-fun-overseas/good-bye-for-a-while Canada & Family scrapbook:


Hope you liked it Nate! We will miss you!!
See you in Japan in a year or so (hopefully!)
Lots of love from our family in Alberta :)

{adios}

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At August 3, 2013 at 11:31 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Nice job Lindi, it looks really good. And bon voyage Nate, enjoy the adventure!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home