<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : DIY Glitter Ornaments

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

DIY Glitter Ornaments

I get very excited while decorating for Christmas
What a wonderful time of year to celebrate with family and friends. 
In the midst of my excitement, I decided to make some of my own simple ornaments this year
Step two (of the advent tree project): make glitter ornaments.
Beautiful, shiny, glittery Christmas ornaments :) 

Here is everything I used: 
Gold and silver glitter
Mod podge
Sponge brush
Small dowels
Styrofoam balls
Safety pins
Wire Cutter


1. Put the styrofoam balls on the dowels gently


2. Cover with mod podge using a foam brush


3. Sprinkle glitter everywhere
(Make sure to do this over a piece of paper so you can save all the glitter that falls off!)


4. Allow them to dry (I let them sit overnight)


5. Use wire cutters to cut the ends off of the safety pins


6. Remove the dowels (careful not to pull the glue/glitter off) and put the sharp ends of the safety pin through the styrofoam.


7. String ribbon, twine, or hemp through to let the ornaments hang


Done. 
Beautiful glittery Christmas ornaments made by hand :)

{xoxo}

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At November 1, 2023 at 7:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your idea for an advent tree. Your adding special memories for your family. I had planned to make one for my husband, but running out of time! I also came across the idea of a kindness calendar, which I love! Although this year, I might just put the “kindness’s” in a holiday jar and we can take one out each day!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home