<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : If you can dodge a wrench....

Thursday, January 19, 2012

If you can dodge a wrench....

... then you can play on my dodgeball team!



That's correct! I've joined a dodgeball team! AND it's surprisingly fun. Whoever said that there's nothing to do in GP was a liar! There's actually a ton of fun stuff going on in this town, you just have to be the type of person that wants to go out and enjoy yourself :)

Someone at work suggested joining a dodgeball team, and at first I think my response was "there's a 100% chance that I'm not going to do that". But I was put on a team list without my permission and now I feel obliged to continue. Tonight is our second official game. I think in our first night we lost 14 games and won 1. Today we're looking to double our wins!!

There are actually a lot of rules associated with league dodgeball. Rules that my team was unaware of until we got yelled at... several times... by opposing team members. Oh well! You can read the rules here if you're interested. Of if you're looking to sign your own team up next year, check this page. I'm acting on a personal goal of mine to be more active and dodgeball fits nicely into that goal. It's actually a kind of exhausting 1 hour of play. It may not be my top choice of activity, and we may not be very good, but I'm playing with people I enjoy seeing, and I'm having fun :) What more would I want in an activity?!

Wish us luck!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At January 19, 2012 at 9:24 PM , Blogger Lindi said...

UPDATE: We lost every game... but we had more FUN than the other team!

New Goal: Win at least one game next week - It's Matthew's send-off

 
At January 20, 2012 at 11:33 AM , Blogger Lisa T said...

Dodgeball terrifies me - a game in which the purpose is to hit people with balls is so not my thing haha - and I am so impressed by anyone willing to do that! I laughed so hard at the 100% comment - I can totally hear you saying that! Maybe you guys should dress up - Julia has a good story about showing up in full '80s gear to an event that turned out to be full of serious dodgeballers... :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home