<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : Canada Day Pig Roast

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Canada Day Pig Roast

There! The baby news is out! I can continue with my regular posts now, lol.
Although, there will be plenty of baby posts to come in the future!

This post is a tad belated... seeing as we attended this pig roast on Canada Day!
But I still wanted to share some pictures from our fun time.
We spent the day at my brother and sister-in-law's farm and were busy ALL day long! 
Horseback riding (including my first time on a horse!!), rodeo clowns, bullriding, swimming, crafts, baby animals, pig roasts, buffets of never-ending food, and talking. Lots of visiting and talking.
It was a TON of fun!
 The pig roast was actually very interesting to me!
They dug out a whole the night before, and covered the pig in tin foil, wet burlap, and wire, and placed it on top of hot coals under ground. It was buried for 24 hours with a fire burning overtop.
When they finally pulled it out it was moist and delicious!!
Can't say I've ever had a meal like that before!
It was the perfect day to be outside visiting. Blue skies and sunshine throughout.
I took tons of pictues. Hardly put my camera down with so much excitement!
But since I know you don't want to see them all - I picked some quick unedited favourites :)
Sorry Mr. A that I didn't include more baby animal pictures...


Somehow this day exuded both excitement and relaxation.
Great day!

{xoxo}

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At July 8, 2013 at 6:02 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! This post seems to be the perfect picture of life in the northwest. Looks like fun. Good job on riding the horse. I can hear you laughing when I look at the pic. Russel, however, looks like he is holding onto that saddle pretty tightly ;)
Cute lamb too!

 
At July 8, 2013 at 9:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously though, how cute are those kittens...

Russ

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home