<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : More Vegetable Experiments {cooking}

Sunday, September 8, 2013

More Vegetable Experiments {cooking}

Veggies! 
These days I have vegetables overflowing from my kitchen. 
Either from our CSA shares, from my own veggie garden, or from friends. 
The spaghetti squash and zucchinis below came from my sister-in-law's garden. 
(the phone is there so you can really see how massive they are!)


I have never cooked spaghetti squash before!
[sidenote: this year seems to be jam-packed with new things for me!]
I scoured facebook for suggestions of how to eat it :)


What we ended up doing was baking the spaghetti squash until it was tender, scooping out the insides and mixing it with butter, brown sugar, salt and pepper.


Since I also had these massive zucchini's I was looking for new ways to bake them. 
The classics for me are always to roast them with other veggies, eat them raw, or toss them in salad. 
This suggestion to grill zucchini with garlic butter and parmesan cheese was right up my alley!


Both creations were delicious :)


And then there was Swiss Chard.... another vegetable that I have not dared to cook before.


I looked for a simple side dish to make with this.
I came across these simple sauteed swiss chard recipes frequently, so I thought this was a good place to start. The veggie looks a lot like Kale and I figured it would taste somewhat similar when sauteed.
Here are some pics from a simple recipe with garlic and parmesan:


Long story short: it tasted gross.
Mr. A ate it all, but I didn't. I was not a fan!
Anyone have any other swiss chard recipes for me??
This one was a flop!

Oh well... 2/3 ain't bad!

{yumm}

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home