<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.lovecreatecelebrate.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Love. Create. Celebrate. : Leftover Cranberry Sauce?

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Leftover Cranberry Sauce?

Are you a creative baker? 
Is it natural for you to walk into a kitchen recipe-less and come up with something fabulous. 
Did you take classes, have a mama that baked regularly, or watch a lot of cooking shows?
<this is where I assume people get these skills from>

I am not a creative baker. 
I'm learning. S-l-o-w-l-y. 
Mostly just by baking. And baking. And baking some more. 

I'm a type A personality. I need to have all my ducks in a row and be organized. When it comes to baking... that means I usually need a recipe. 
Even if I'm baking something I've made a million times <insert banana bread recipe> I still consult the recipe. 
Every. Single. Time. 

But now I'm learning to stray from this rigidity. 
I'm carefully modifying recipes (mostly to make them easier). 
Simple changes here and there make me feel like a pro in the kitchen! Honestly! 
I had some leftover cranberry sauce in my kitchen and no one likes cranberry sauce on its own do they? So I came up with a plan to mix them. 


I made my regular carrot muffin recipe, and added all my leftover cranberry sauce, plus some oats to even out the liquid additions with some dry additions. 
I've decided that this makes me amazing in the kitchen! 
Since they turned out to be delicious - I'm now a creative pro! (sort of...)


And then we made some freshly squeezed orange juice to go with them. 
Most satisfying evening snack ever :) 
<mostly because I could toot my own horn!>

{yumm}

Labels:

1 Comments:

At December 30, 2013 at 8:26 AM , Blogger Laurie Mae said...

I make some tasty cranberry bran muffins with the leftovers - but I always have to follow the recipe, lol

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home